Bentley

Bentley - Melanie Moreland This story made me fall in love with romance genre all over again. It's something about a well crafted story that complete immerses and surprises you with every turn. And Ms. Moreland delivers again with humor, tension and heart gasps - you know those swoon moments with every chapter.

This story begins as you would expect. Bentley is driven. In his drive, you see a man who sees the world as his oyster and is willing to make a pearl from hard work. He's focused. Then Emmy steps in and he can't avoid the gravitational pull she has on him.

“What happened to me being an ass?”

“Oh, I still think you are, but you have a great smile when you relax. So, let’s try this again.” She raised her hand higher. “Hi, stranger, sitting at my table. I’m Emmy.”

She is sassy and smart. She is goodness and light to his world. She isn't part of his plan. But damn if he doesn't feel compelled to make her a place there. Their love story is one that you want - no need - them to have a HEA.

But it's not just the primary characters that draw you into the story. Once again, Ms Moreland has interesting and delightful secondary characters you wish to know more about. Their presence isn't just to add color to the emotional love story but breathes into each plot turn with necessity. Emmy, Cami and Dee have a girlfriend bond that's all things you want good in your tribe. Whereas the men of BAM - Bentley, Aiden and Maddox - seriously. This bromance is panty melting, ovary combusting stuff. Melanie Moreland's shining talent is in her male characters and she delivers what her readers expect and more.

Bentley can be definitely read as a standalone. However, I dare the reader who reads book 1 and isn't the least bit interested in the next two. Just not possible in my eyes. If you've never read Ms Moreland, this is where her story telling shines and you want to gobble up all her catalog.

5 plus out of 5 stars