Disarmed (UCC Saga Book 2)

Disarmed (UCC Saga Book 2) - Eva LeNoir Pardon me while I catch my breath. Because the art appreciation scene? Yes, I appreciate art fully now. Having been introduced to Jade, Carson and Miles in book one of the UCC series, I will say I was intrigued - as in "hmm, what are they about?". Then I was looking for a menage story and was reminded of this. KU here I come...

Eva LeNoir paints an image with metaphors that come out of her characters mouths that can be funny, charming and down right hot at times. Give this storyteller a menage scene - hold onto your panties folks - they are going to burn off. But seriously what did I enjoy about the series...

Although it starts as a consensual menage relationship, you learn is really the enduring patience of one man to see past the emotional walls that Jade has and to really see him in return. No heavy game playing (unless it was a scene then HOT DAMN). Just an entertaining romance and recognizing you are not always a product of your environment. You can and deserve more. Although Miles is very much an alpha male, Ms. LeNoir does not paint him overbearing to the 'give-me-a-break' point, but as a very protective man. And Jade, although a sub, she is still allowed the strength of being a modern woman with knowing what she wants.

Do you have to read Disheveled first? Not necessarily. Although helpful, Eva LeNoir keeps the reader in tune without being lost. Also, it's fun to watch a writer with a concept and improve upon it with each story. 4.5 out of 5 stars

photo Five20Stars_zpsg66onvvy.jpg